Primate Lodge Kibale
Primate Lodge Kibale is an exclusive eco-lodge with deluxe safari tents on a raised wooden
platform and spacious forest cottages for the budget conscious traveller.
The lodge is at the Kanyanchu Visitors Centre in Kibale Forest National Park. Home of no
fewer than 13 species of primate including the unique chimpanzees, and the forest elephant
– a smaller, hairier ‘cousin’ of the savannah elephant.
Directions/ Getting there:
Take the road from Fort Portal to Kamwenge, which starts near the bridge over the Mpanga
River in the centre of Fort Portal and is well sign posted. Follow this road for 36 km to
Kanyanchu Tourist Centre.
- · 8 deluxe safari tents with en suite facilities
- · 6 Mid-level spacious forest cottages with en suite facilities
- · One elevated banda with en suite facilities
- · One remote Sky Tree House for the adventurous travellers (not self-contained)
- · A secluded well maintained campsite and adjacent ourrestaurant
Activities in Kibale Forest National Park & surroundings:
- · Chimp Tracking
- · Primate & Forest Walk
- · Nocturnal Walk
- · Chimpanzee Habituation Project
- · Birding
- · Visit to the Crater Lakes area
- · Bigodi Swamp
- · Village Walks
- · Hikes at the slopes of the Rwenzori Mountains
- · Visit to tea estates
-Spacious restaurants with local and international dishes
-Camp fire area
-Free Wi- Fi access in public areas
The main lodge and rooms are equipped with controlled 240v solar powered electricity with
a back up generator. However, due to the environment, the solar system may not charge as
expected. In this case kerosene lanterns are provided at the reception. We kindly request
you to use the power in an eco-friendly way and turn off the lights when leaving the room.
Cameras and mobiles can be charged at the main lodge. British three type plug outlet.
Security and Wildlife:
Please note that Primate Lodge Kibale is situated in a wildlife habitat. We therefore kindly
request you to leave your doors closed after entering or leaving your room.
Please do not bring food in the room/tents if camping as it might attract ants or other
Please notify one of our staff members to accompany you when leaving or returning to your
room after dusk or before dawn.
Check-in/Check- out time:
Check In: 02.00 pm
Check Out: 10.00 am