Protea Hotel Kampala
In Uganda, that means travelers can expect four-star luxury complemented by five-star service at the Protea Hotel Kampala, where opulent guest rooms and suites create an oasis in the heart of the country's capital. Whether travelling for business or leisure, our hotel's lavish offering of amenities provide Kampala visitors with exciting dining options, an air-conditioned fitness center as well as conference and event facilities for hosting up to 350 guests. Enjoy international favorites in our 100-seat Chapter One Restaurant or the Ladies Bar for sundowners, pre-dinner cocktails or get-togethers with colleagues. Whatever the occasion, our hotel's destiny is to complement your travel style while in Kampala. Situated in the up-market suburb of Kololo, only 35 km from the Entebbe airport, our hotel features refreshing en suite rooms with air-conditioning,a business center, 24-hour reception and 24-hour room service.
Room Types and Rates
|ROOM TYPE||ROOM RATES||BEST AVAILABLE RATES|
|Executive Suite||US$ 383.30||US$ 321.80 – ($371.00 DBL)|
|Junior Suite/ Suite||US$ 321.80||US$ 260.30 – ($309.50 DBL)|
|Standard Room Front Facing||US$ 248.00||US$ 223.40 – ($272.60 DBL)|
|Standard Room Rear Facing||US$ 235.70||US$ 211.10 – ($260.30 DBL)|
*DBL – Double occupancy
1. The above rates quoted are on single room occupancy basis including buffet breakfast.
2. Double occupancy is charged at an extra $49.20 including taxes to the rate booked under.
3. The above rates are including taxes of 18% VAT and 5% service charge as well as $2 Local Hotel Tax.
4. The rates are subject to change without prior notice though rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
5. We are pleased to accept the following cards: Master card, Visa, American Express.
Elgon Terrace, John Babiha (Acacia) Ave
Phone: +256 (0) 312 550 000
The Protea Hotel Kampala offers the following room types: -
-59 Standard Rooms (Air Conditioned) (20 x Smoking, 39 x Non-smoking)
-3 Suites (Air Conditioned) (Non-smoking)
-4 Junior Suites (Air Conditioned) (Smoking)
-4 Executive Suites (Air Conditioned) (Smoking)
- -24-hour business center
- -24-hour front desk
- -24-hour health club
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Concierge services
- -Conference space
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
Enjoy our restaurant and bar, business centre, 24-hour reception, 24-hour room service and fully air-conditioned gym.
· - Choose from our 59 hotel rooms and 11 suites, all ideal for business or leisure travel in Kampala.
· - All hotel rooms are air-conditioned with en suite bathrooms and writing desks.
· Stay connected with free Wi-Fi, international plug points, satellite TV and direct-dial telephones.
· Our hotel's amenities in Kololo, Kampala include complimentary water as well as tea/coffee service.
· Some guest rooms and suites feature balconies overlooking our quiet Kololo neighbourhood.
· Enjoy extra room in our spacious Executive and Junior suites, well-furnished with African decor.
All travel agent bookings are to be prepaid before check-in. Failure to do so, the guest will be charged before check-in.
All group bookings need to be confirmed 14 days prior to arrival. Full payment is required 14 days prior to arrival. All final changes and rooming lists are to be done 7 days prior to arrival for groups under 10 rooms, or 14 days prior for groups over 10 rooms. Any changes done thereafter will be charged for in full. Bookings not confirmed in due time will be released. Groups of over 10 rooms need to be guaranteed with 50% deposit at the time of making the booking. Groups of 20 or more rooms need to be prepaid in full 30 days before arrival.
All our rates are on a non-commissionable basis, and are not negotiable.
All non- guaranteed bookings will be released at 16h00 daily if not guaranteed with a company LPO, by credit card, or by prepayment. If the hotel is fully booked all non-guaranteed bookings are released by 14h00.
All bookings that will be settled by local company require an LPO (local purchase order) before arrival of the guests. Full payment before check-in is required otherwise.
Please note that we only accept the following credit cards: Visa, Master Card & American Express (Amex). Diners Club is unfortunately not accepted.
Payment via EFT (bank transfer) will have to be done 1 week before check-in and the proof of payment sent to us for clearance & identification purposes. (Due to bank transfers clearing after 7 days)
Check out time is strictly at 10h00 and check in time at 14h00.
Early arrivals can be booked on request. All early arrivals will be charged at a 50% of the daily rate given and are subject to availability. During periods of high occupancy we cannot guarantee that a request will be met for an early arrival. If an early arrival needs be guaranteed, we kindly request that the room is reserved from the night before the actual date of arrival. Please note that this is subject to a charge of 100% of the daily rate (including all taxes)
Late departures can be booked on request on the morning of departure. All late departures will be charged at a 50% of the daily rate given from 10h00 - 18h00, 100% of the daily rate given from 18h00 onwards. Late departures are strictly subject to availability.
All departure dates will be confirmed on check in at the hotel. Any changes in departure dates resulting in guests leaving prior to the confirmed date, need to be communicated to the front desk by 10h00 on the day of actual departure, to avoid the guest being charged. Should any changes be communicated after 10h00 the guest will be subject to the full charge for the remainder of their booked stay.
Please be advised that we charge for no-shows and cancellations that are not made 48 hours prior to arrival. No-shows and late cancellations are charged at one nights full accommodation (including taxes) on the rate booked. If the hotel is highly occupied at the time of a no-show or late cancellation, the full number of nights will be charged.