Simba Safari Camp
Simba Safari Camp is a budget tourist lodge, offering a variety of guest accommodation units
including standard rooms (en-suite), dormitory rooms with shared facilities and a camp site.
On the edge of Queen Elizabeth Nation Park, just off the Mbarara-Kasese highway and barely 10
minutes from the Katunguru/Queen’s Pavillion park gate. It is also 2 km from the equator and the
closest accommodation to Queen Elizabeth’s popular Kasenyi game driving tracks and 25km from
Queen Elizabeth Nation Park, Uganda’s most popular national park is home to over 600 species of
birds and her rich grazing lands attract large herds of buffalo, elephants, prides of lions,
occasional leopard, hippos and crocodiles in the Kazinga chanell and a numerous antelopes
From Kasese, drive towards the Equator until you reach Kikorongo trading centre where you will
see a sign post for Simba Safari Camp. Take the road to the right that leads to Bwera on the
Uganda/DR Congo border, and drive for 1.2 km to find the camp on your right – there is a sign
From Mbarara, follow the main road to Kasese and pass the Equator. Only 1 km after the Equator
you will find Kikorongo trading centre where there is a sign post for Simba Safari Camp. Take the
road to the right that leads to Bwera on the Uganda/DR Congo border, and drive for 1.2 km to
find the camp on your right – there is a sign boad
- · 09 Twin/Doubles and 2 Triple Rooms all en-suite
- · 01 Family Cottage (2 bedrooms, 1 shared bathroom and a living room with 1 extra bed)
- · 03 Dormitory rooms with 3, 5 and 10 double-decker beds each and shared facilities
- · A private camp site (guests please bring own camping equipment).
- · An extensive lounge with comfortable couches and chairs
- · A spacious Restaurant and adjoining Bar
- · Television in the lounge
- · Free Wi- Fi access in public areas
The lodge is connected to the national electricity grid so power is usually available all day.
In case of power sheds, the lodge has a back up generator.
Alternatively, paraffin lamps may be provided at the reception area and candles in the lounge.
We kindly request you to use the power in an eco-friendly way . Please turn off the lights when
leaving your room.
Cameras and mobiles can be charged at the main lodge and in the rooms. British three type plug
Security and Wildlife:
Please note that Simba Safari Camp is situated in a wildlife habitat. We therefore kindly request
you to leave your doors closed after entering or leaving your room.
Please do not bring food in the rooms if camping as it might attract ants or other animals.
Please notify one of our staff members to accompany you when leaving or returning to your room
after dusk or before dawn.
Activities (in and around Queen Elizabeth National Park):
- · Game- drive on the Kasenyi plains (9 km)
- · Chimp tracking in Kyambura Gorge (22 km)
- · Walk in Maramagambo with birds, antelopes and monkeys (36 km)
- · Visit Kikorongo Cultural center to meet the women of the community and learn how to make
traditional baskets and necklaces (2 km)
- · Venture off road to track lions or monitor mongoose behavior
- · Boat ride on the Kazinga Channel (31 km)
- · Lunch on the Mweya Peninsula (31 km)
- · Explore Edward Flats and spot the regions' famous tree climbing lions (88 km)
- · Visit Katwe Salt Lake to learn about traditional salt mining (32 km)
- · Scenic crater lake drive (10 km)
Check-In: 02:00 pm
Check-Out: 10:00 am
Meal Times, Menu and Service
Menu: International with local flavour
Service: Table d’hote
- · Breakfast: 06:00 am to 09:30 am
- · Lunch: 12.00 pm to 03:00 pm
- · Dinner 06:30 pm to 09:30pm